In Eat App, your digital guest book is where all your customer data is stored. You can access this at any point by clicking on "Guests" in your left-hand sidebar.
On the left of this view, you will see a list of every single guest that has ever visited your restaurant. While on the right you will see a full guest profile.
A specific guest profile is where you will be able to see all information related to a specific guest. At the top of the page, a quick summary of the guest's reservation history is displayed.
To add a new guest, click "Add New Guest" on the bottom left.
You can also add a new guest while creating a reservation, click "add new guest" under the guest search bar while making a reservation to create a guest profile.
Guest profiles are divided into four tabs:
- Lifetime value
- Possible Duplicates
This is where you will be able to view and edit guest profiles.
Guest profiles contain:
- Top level life time value information.
- Basic information about the guest such as their name, contact number, email address, notes, and a profile photo.
- Tags: This is where you will be able to assign and view tags to a guest. These tags can include everything from "VIP Guest" to "Regular Customer" and are completely customizable.
- Personal information: More basic information about the guest that is not essential but could be helpful for restaurant operation, this includes gender, alternate contact details, organization, and job title.
- Alternative information: Here is where you can see some alternative contact details for each guest.
- Delete Guest: At the bottom of the page you can also delete a guest
When any changes have been made to a guest profile, make sure to click "Save Changes".
In addition to the summary of reservations each guest has made at the top of their profile, the "Reservations" tab shows the entire history of that particular guest.
Clicking any reservation will provide you with a full reservation details pop-up where you can view and make changes to any bookings that a specific guest has made.
The filters at the top of this view will allow you to search for specific reservations, filter based on specific criteria and change how you want to group bookings. The group search toggle will group reservations based on the restaurant they were created for (this is for users that are managing multiple restaurants using Eat App).
Restaurants with POS integration can also view a customer's lifetime value right from the "Life time value" tab in a guest profile. This will give you quick insight into:
- Breakdown of a guest's reservation history
- Breakdown of a guest's cover history
- POS ticket data
- Review data
This information is available both for the restaurant you are currently viewing as well as at a group level if you are using Eat App to manage multiple restaurants.
If this guest shares a phone number or email with another guest, this will be displayed in the "Possible Duplicates" tab. From here you can merge more than one guest and combine all their reservation history.
You can quickly scan for possible duplicate guests by clicking the filter icon by the guest search bar and toggling on "Show" possible duplicates. Now, you'll be able to scroll through your guest list and quickly spot which guests have possible duplicates. The number next to the icon indicates how many possible duplicates this guest may have.
When choosing to merge a guest, you will need to decide which first name, last name, phone, and email gets stored.
Search for guests using the search bar on top left of the guest page. You can search for guests by their:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
At any point you can click "Create Reservation" in the guest profile to create a booking with this guest. Or you can press "Delete Guest" to delete them from your table management system.