This section discusses what restaurant operators are able to do with payments once a payment has been generated and sent to a guest.
Payments in Eat App can fall into a number of statuses:
- Requested: The payment has been requested from the guest
- Authorized: The guest has provided their credit card details and the payment amount is being held
- Captured: The guest has provided their credit card details and the payment amount has been captured.
- Refunded: The guest has received their money back for a payment they made.
- Voided: The payment has been voided, whether manually by you or automatically from the payment gateway
- Canceled: The payment was canceled before the guest filled in their credit card details
The payment statuses are visible through the payments detail pop up.
When a payment is attached to a specific reservation, you will notice that the reservation will have a dollar sign ($) in it. The symbol next to the dollar sign indicates the status of the payment.