Integrating your chit printer with Eat App enables your front of house staff to seamlessly print guest booking details without the hassle of having to deal with the clumsy front of house systems.
Before You Begin
Pairing your chit printer is simple, but before you can begin, there is some prep work that needs to be taken care of:
- Make sure your chit printer is loaded with paper and powered on.
- Make sure that your printer is in pairing mode.
If you are having trouble with either of these steps, refer to your chit printer manual.
Compatibility: Eat App on iPad is compatible with Star Micronics TSP650II chit printer
We no longer support Chit Printer on Desktop.
Star micronics bluetooth printer - TSP650II
The printer is purchasable through the links below:
Pairing Chit Printer on iPad
Once you’ve completed these initial steps, you are ready to pair your chit printer.
- Head to the settings app on your iPad
- Tap on the bluetooth tab and make sure your bluetooth is switched on
- In the devices section, look for your chit printer and tap to connect
- Once connected, switch back to Eat App and tap on the "Settings" button on the bottom left hand side corner.
- Select "Chit Printing"
- If you've done everything correctly, your printer name should appear at the top.
- Tap on “Test Print” to print out a sample reservation.
Using Your Chit Printer
Navigate to "Floor View" and select any upcoming or seated reservation. Tap the printer icon to instantly print out reservation details.