Payments by preference is the ability to allow restaurants to charge a price for any preference set to a table. This means when a customer books online and chooses their preference, they will have to checkout by card.
How to enable payments by preference?
A. Create a payment rule
1. To set up a payment rule, you need to log in to your admin account. Once in, click on Features that is located at the top section of the page.
2. Click on Add New Payment Rule at the bottom left corner of the screen
3. Fill out the required details and click on Create
4. Once the payment rule has been successfully created it will appear on the left-hand side of the screen along with the other active rules you have
B. Attach the payment rule to a shift
1. On the same page of your admin, click on Availability then Preferences
2. Click on New Preference
3. You can now create a new preference by entering the details required. Please make sure to ALWAYS attach the payment rule to the preference as highlighted below.
❗ Make sure you have at least one active shift at the time you set the preference time and date availability.
4. Click on Create Preference to save the changes. Once created, the new preference will show up on the active list on the left side of the screen.
5. Perform a test booking to confirm that everything is working