To set up a payment rule for one of your shifts, start by navigating to admin.eatapp.co. From here click the "Features" tab. Then navigate to the "Payment Rules" sub tab and click "Add new payment rule on the bottom left-hand side".
This page will allow you to create custom payment rules which you can later attach to a specific shift.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Name: The name of this payment rule (eg: $10 deposit for Friday Brunch)
- Rule Type: There are three rule types that you can select for payment rules
- Lump: A lump amount attached to every booking made with this payment rule
- Per Cover: An amount required per cover associated with the reservation
- Package: The user has to pay the amount attached to the selected package
- Charge Type: There are three charge types that you can select for payment rules
- Smart: (Recommended) If the reservation start time is within 7 days from the time the booking is captured, the payment will be held only. If the start time is greater than 7 days, the payment will be captured directly
- Authorization: The payments will always be authorized. Authorized payments can expire (eat will notify you of these details before hand)
- Pre Payment: The payments will always be captured. If any refunds are required, there may be additional charges
- Amount: The amount you want to charge for this payment rule.
- If you've selected the "Lump" rule type, this is the amount you want the entire reservation to be charged regardless of number of guests
- If you've selected the "Per Cover" rule type, this is the amount you want to charge for every guest in the reservation
- If you've selected the "Package" rule type, this is the amount you want to charge for the entire package.
- Auto Cancellation Period: How much time you provide your guests before canceling the reservation if they haven't paid
- Terms: Any terms and conditions you want to communicate to the guest through SMS and Email
Make sure to add your "Terms and Condition" for the payment rule to be saved.
These payment rules can then be assigned to any shift that you have created. This will require the guest to make a payment based on the rule you've defined anytime they create an online reservation that falls into that shift.
Click here to learn more about setting up your shifts.